MEMA is subject to applicable data protection and privacy laws in South Africa, which impose high standards on organizations that process personal information.
How we may collect or receive personal information from members
- Registration: MEMA collects personal information through the online registration form which member’s completed per paper form or electronically submitted through the MEMA website (the “Website”) in order to become a member.
- Logged in as a member: If members are logged in on the Website we may collect personal information from them, for example, when they subscribe to any of our products, services and benefits.
- Contacting us: Members may also choose to submit personal information and other information to us through various communication channels provided on the “Contact Us” webpage of the Website, for example, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, the WhatsApp business portal or online forms.
The types of personal information we may collect:
We may collect the following personal information from members:
- Contact information (e.g., name, postal or e-mail address, fax number and phone number);
- Member organizational information (e.g., name, profession, ownership and management details);
- Gender, age, nationality, date and place of birth;
- Marital Status
- Affiliate, Customer, Connecta or ABD registration number and username;
- Passport details (including number, issue date, issue location and expiration date) and National ID number to the extent permitted or required by applicable law;
- Payment information (e.g., such bank account or credit card numbers);
- Customer, Connecta or ABD performance information (e.g., class, status, group and personal qualifications under the MEMA Sales and Marketing Plan and financial/bonus history);
- Product preferences, purchasing habits, purchasing history and spending behavior;
- Communication preferences; and
- Member’s website usage, IP-addresses, browser types and operating systems.
We may collect other personal information in exceptional circumstances only. If we do need to process such personal information about a member, we will make sure that there is a valid legal basis for doing so (e.g. a member’s explicit consent).
How we use the personal information we collect:
We may use the information we obtain about a member to:
- To manage the registration of a member, when such member login on the MEMA website (https://www.mema.co.za) and accepts any Terms & Conditions during the registration process;
- Create and manage an online account and respond to inquiries’;
- Process orders of products or services;
- Communicate proactively (e.g., about products, services and benefits that we offer, or intend to offer);
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business, including:
- Evaluating the satisfaction levels with regards to our current communications, materials, products, service and/or benefits;
- Develop new products, services and benefits and determining the effectiveness of our advertising; and
- Tracking and analyzing the use of products, services and/or benefits;
- Track, document and analyse the line of sponsorship;
- Assessing a members performance under the MEMA Business program or Member Registration Agreement with us;
- Provide business performance information to a member (e.g., information on the line of sponsorship purchase volumes, earned bonuses, levels of awards, the referring Customer, Affiliate, Connecta or ABD, and the members team under the Business Program);
- Provide the name, address, telephone number or e-mail address of the member to his/her direct sponsor;
- Perform accounting, auditing, billing and collection activities;
- Enforce contractual terms and conditions;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
- If a member choose not to provide his personal information, we may not be able to provide the above services.
How we may share personal data:
MEMA does not sell, rent or trade personal information. MEMA may share personal information only with:
- Entities within the MEMA group to whom it is reasonably necessary;
- A member’s sponsor and his up line, to support him with his business and/or allow communication regarding product advice, ordering advice and product information for the products that such member order from MEMA; and
- We may share information with selected Partner entities, Government authorities or other third parties, if required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others or ourselves.
International data transfers
How we protect personal information:
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards designed to protect the personal information a member provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
How long we retain personal information:
We store personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect the information (see above under “How We Use the Personal Information We Collect”), except if required otherwise by law.
If you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please notify us via the “Contact Us” section of the Mema website in order for us to review your correspondence and try to solve the problem promptly.