Sign up process
Sign-up via laptop/ desktop:
(duration: 6:40 sec)
Sign-up via mobile/ tablet:
(duration: 9:06 sec)
If you were NOT invited by someone, simply look for and click on the orange “sign-up” floating button on the Mema website, or click on this link: https://mema.co.za/pre_register/
- If this is the case, you will skip STEP 2 and go directly to STEP 3.
If you were invited by a person and want to join Mema … ask the person who introduced you to provide you with his/her referral / invitation link.
- It will look like this: http://xxxxxxxxx.mema.co.za
[Only if you were invited by someone]
Click on the invitation link.
If you are not being redirected to the landing page of the person who invited you, then do the following:
- Copy the referral / invitation link by holding your finger on the link until it said: ‘copied to clipboard’
- Paste it on your google website “link space” and press enter.
This will redirect you to a page where is will say: “Welcome to xxxxxxxxxx’s profile page.”
- Look for the button below and click on it:
This will take you to STEP 3.
The “Pre-Register” page will open.
The purpose of this page is to validate the name of person who referred you.
- Both the “Refer ID” and the name of the person who referred you will be pre-populated, and not edit-able.
Populate the following fields:
- First Name
- Date of Birth [please include the forward slash (/) between the year, month, day – example: 2001/01/01]
- Email address
- Confirm Email address
After populating the fields, press the orange banner with the word “Proceed”
This will take you to STEP 4, which is to confirm your email address.
Check your email inbox for a confirmation email (average time about 3 – 4 minutes)
- Click on the confirmation link provided in the email to complete the application process!
- Please check your spam folder in the event you haven’t received your confirmation email in your inbox.
The “Register” page will open.
Continue to complete all those fields marked with an asterisk (*) not pre-populated yet.
- Personal details.
- E-mail address.
- Telephone contact details [Home/Business and Mobile number].
- Create a Password of at least 10-30 characters, and confirm Password
- Add your bank details from which your debit order is going to be activated.
Make sure of the date on which your debit order for your Mema product selection must come off. [This will only happen if you have not registered two people personally who are both active and paid, 4 working days prior to your debit date.
- If you have not registered two people, an amount equal to that of your product cost will be deducted.
After populating the fields, press the orange banner with the word “Proceed”.
The system will thank you for registering and mention your NAME
It will take you to STEP 6, which is the product selection step.
Choose your product (choose one from the list of available products presented to you).
- Only one product can be selected. Please do so!
- If you want any other combination not available on this page, send a mail to email@example.com and request it to be added after you have chosen at least one product already.
- Only products you qualify for, in terms of the predetermined qualifying criteria, will be displayed and offered to you as part of the selection process.
- Select and subscribe to any of our other valued offerings based on your personal needs and affordability.
At this point you will be a “Customer”
Click the orange banner at the end of Step 6 to advance to the “Business Choice” at Step 7.
Decide whether you want to continue to participate as a “Customer” member (at no additional cost), or join as an Affiliate or Connecta member.
Base your decision on the following:
- Customers can invite members, but can only benefit from the break-even incentive.
- Customers can only earn on members on their Level 1 and have their subscription covered.
- Customers cannot earn more money than the value of their current subscription value.
- There is no additional cost to stay on as a “customer”.
- Affiliate members are limited to 2 members on their 1st level. When you personally introduce more than 2 people, the “spill-over” rule will apply.
- Affiliate members can only earn on Levels 1 to 4.
(This means that any additional members you invite, will occupy the next available spots in your network. You will still earn a commission on their subscriptions if they are placed anywhere on your earning levels 2 – 4.)
- Affiliate members can however grow into becoming “Connecta” members [which could take some time]:
(You will automatically be upgraded to a “Connecta” member status as soon as your Net profit reaches R200.00. From then on, no further spillovers will occur, and all new invitees will be placed on your 1st level.)
- There is an additional cost of R30/month to upgrade to an “Affiliate”.
- “Connecta” members can have an unlimited number of members on their 1st level, hence the “spill-over” rule does not apply to them.
- “Connecta” members can only earn on Levels 1 to 10.
- “Connecta” members may withdraw up to 50% of their accumulated projected earnings before payment date, if required, in case of financial emergencies.
- There is an additional cost of R130/month to upgrade to a “Connecta”.
[Confirm your product selection]
Check and confirm your selection:
If correct, click on orange “Select and Finalise my Application” button, else click on the black “No…Go Back and Change Products” button to restart the product selection process (Steps 6 and 7).
[Payment – Activation]
After you have completed your online registration and selected your product subscription and membership status, you will be prompted to settle your invoice to activate your membership.
- Members are required to activate their membership by settling their invoice within 48 hours after registration…so opt to settle your invoice immediately.
Click on the orange “pay Rxxx.xx via Payfast now” button to proceed with payment.
- You will securely be directed to the Payfast website:
[You are now on the PayFast Website – to make payment]
- Your membership number, invoice amount and email address will be pre-populated.
Various payment methods / options to pay and activate your membership are provided.
Choose the method convenient for you:
The electronic funds transfer (EFT) gets verified instantly.
No proof of payment required and no disclosing of financial information.
A digital wallet makes online shopping safer and easy by storing payment information in one secure place.
After successfully making your payment, you will be presented with the below “Thank you…” message:
In addition you will receive a “Payment Received” and “Welcome to Mema” email confirmation.
If you selected to “Pay Later (but still within 48 hours)” you will receive an email reminder and login credentials to facilitate your payment when it is convenient to proceed with payment.
» ONLY APPLICABLE IF YOU CHOSE MEMA_MOBI AS A PRODUCT:
Same as per “Step 9”, you will be presented with the below “Thank you…” message after paying for your Mema_Mobi product and activating your membership.
While you wait for your “Payment Received” and “Welcome to Mema” email confirmation, click on the orange “Now, choose your Mema_Mobi number.”
Don’t worry if something happens to your internet connection and the page becomes available at the moment.We conveniently offer you another 2 options to choose your number when you are able to log back in later.
HOW TO LOG BACK IN?
Follow the link https://mema.co.za/portal-login/ and enter your Mema Membership ID Number (which you would have received via email) and your Password (which you chose in Step 5).
If you entered it correctly, you will presented with the following welcome screen (see picture below).
- Option 1: Look for and click on the words “Choose Number”
Option 2: Alternatively, scroll down and click on “My Products”.
- If you have chosen a funeral plan, then this is where you will find your policy certificate which you can print.
- If you have chosen a Mema_Mobi product, then this is where you will find the installation instructions:
Start with choosing your own Mema_Mobi contact number [which looks like a landline number]
- Step 1. Choose the prefix [Area code] example 011 for Johannesburg, 012 for Pretoria, or 021 for Cape Town.
- Step 2. Select your personal choice number from numbers provided under that code [average 10 numbers to choose from. When you have chosen [clicked] a number, you cannot change your mind. That’s it, that number is now allocated to your Mema membership number.
» ONLY APPLICABLE IF YOU CHOSE MEMA_MOBI AS A PRODUCT AND COMPLETED STEP 10:
[Download and provision (activate) Mema_Mobi on your phone].
After you have selected your Mema_Mobi number, scroll down and find the link related to your type of phone to DOWNLOAD it to your device.
- iPhone: The app is on the Apple App Store … (link will be provided)
- Android phone: The app is on Google Play Store … (link will be provided)
- Download the App on your phone( the icon is grey in color and called Cloud Softphone).
- The icon looks like a landline phone hand piece connected to a cloud.
To provision (activate) the app to your Mema Profile, it will ask for your Cloud ID and Password:
Cloud ID is: Your Mema Membership ID number and a @ sign with Mema in capitals
- Example: 1234567892@MEMA
Password is: The one that you choose on the second page of registration in Step 5
- Password 10-30 characters.
After full installation you must agree on terms and conditions:
- You have to agree for the app to use your contacts [it is safe the app belongs to you now].
- You have to agree for the app to use your microphone.
- Kindly accept and agree to them all, to experience the full features of the App.