PART 1: GLOBAL DEFINITIONS APPLICABLE:
The following words or phrases shall bear the meaning stated below:
- “Member” shall mean the person who subscribed to any Mema product by means of electronic media on the https://mema.co.za website;
- “Customer” shall mean a member with a product subscription;
- “Affiliate” shall mean a “Customer” who opted in for the optional Uni-level business program subscription for “Affiliate” membership;
- “Connecta ” shall mean a member who opted in for the optional Uni-level business program subscription for “Connecta” membership;
PART 2: FEES:
Monthly Uni-Level business program:
- For “Affiliate” membership: R30 (discontinued as of 16 September 2021)
- For ” Connecta” membership: R130
Annual Membership Fee:
- “Affiliate -”, and “Connecta ” members pay an annual Membership Fee of 100 ZAR on their anniversary month.
- “Super Connecta” members pay an annual Membership Fee of 300 ZAR on their anniversary month.
PART 3: GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Cooling – off Period: A member may cancel his/her business subscription which shall be no more than 5 working days from signature of the agreement, and obtain reimbursement of any payment without any form of penalty.
- After Cooling – off Period: A normal 30-day cancellation period is imposed. Payments made, and the cost of such deduction/s inside the 30-day cancellation period, are non-refundable.
- A member who markets the products, services and or benefits of MEMA shall operate his/her own business, is an independent contractor (for all purposes including tax and otherwise), and is not an employee, legal representative or agent of MEMA.
- A member shall, provided he/she is a paid-up Affiliate -, Connecta or Super Connecta member, be entitled to start earning on the customers he/she personally invited on a “as-and-when” basis, (every time the customer makes payment), as per earnings structure.
- The earnings structure refers to the monthly earn-able fees, as listed by MEMA from time to time, and in accordance with this listed terms and conditions.
- Mema may in its sole discretion and at any time alter the earnings structures and required qualifications, if Mema deems such alterations to be in the interest of itself and members.
- A member can terminate his association with Mema at any time, by means of writing.
- A member who terminates, or whose association with MEMA is terminated, shall lose his/her member status with MEMA and forfeit all rights in terms of this agreement.
- To be entitled to the benefits and earnings due as set out in this application and rules and policy document, a member must ensure that his/her membership remains active and valid and shall ensure that all membership fees are paid on time, as per agreement.
- MEMA shall not be held liable for any consequential or incidental damages caused by its breach, cancellation or suspension of this agreement, whether or not the possibilities for such damages are known to MEMA.
- A member will operate his/her business in such a manner and at all times to ensure that his/her conduct complies with the rules, policies of MEMA as per the agreed Code of Conduct.
PART 4: UPGRADE FEATURE:
A member’s product / membership type will not be upgraded automatically. The member must request so in writing if the functionality to upgrade is not available in his/her member’s portal.
PART 5: TRANSFER OF BUSINESS SUBSCRIPTION AND EARNINGS:
Only in the event of death of a member, all product subscriptions together with the Business Program will cease.
In such event, ownership of the membership can be transferred to a nominated beneficiary, whom will have the right to become the new member, on condition that such new member qualify to subscribe to any of the available products or benefits presented by MEMA, and that such beneficiary agree to comply with all the terms and conditions of the selected products and/or benefits.
PART 6: UNPAID PREMIUMS – GRACE PERIOD:
In the event that MEMA was unable to collect the balance due as per a member’s balance statement, such member will be offered a 7-day grace period after the “Calculation Period” has concluded to bring his/her account up to date, with the final payment date being the 22nd, and to be considered in the Final Recon for commission calculations.
Payments received after the 22nd will be processed towards the outstanding balance of a member, but will be excluded from the Final Recon.
Mema will process a double debit order, in the succeeding month if a payment is not received by the 22nd of the month.
PART 7: ELIGIBILITY TO EARN:
Customers are only eligible to benefits from the break-even incentive, while Affiliate -, and Connecta members are business members, making them eligible to earn commissions derived from share-able profits beyond break even.
Only members with and active and paid status are eligible to earn.
PART 8: SHARE-ABLE PROFITS:
Paid products and business program subscriptions from active members have a certain amount of profit in them.
Mema choose to share a percentage of these profits, which does not exceed 50%, back to the members who are responsible for moving a product, and done in accordance with the rewards and commission calculations.
PART 9: CALCULATION PERIOD AND DATE:
The calculation period stretches from the 16th of a month to the 15th of the following month and calculated before or on the 22nd of every month.
Rewards (break-even incentives):
Calculated in accordance with the break-even incentive rule, as published from time to time.
PART 10: OFFSET OF EARNINGS:
Earnings are offset against the total monthly premium as payable under the agreement on the 2nd working day of the calendar day of the subsequent month.
PART 11: PROCESS OF COMMISSION & CALCULATIONS:
Earn 5% on the value of the share-able profits.
- Share-able profit on R180 Connecta subscription = R155.00 (represents R7.75 @5%)
- Share-able profit on R80 Affiliate subscription = R55.00 (represents R2.75 @5%)
- Share-able profit on R50 Customer subscription = R25.00 (represents R1.75 @5%)
I. Qualifying levels for AFFILIATE and CONNECTA members with LESS THAN 3 active and paid members on their LEVEL 1:
Levels 1 – 4 @ 5% / Level
II. For CONNECTA members with 3 or more active and paid members on their LEVEL 1:
- Levels 1 – 4 @ 5% / Level
- For every multiple of 3 Connecta members, you will be awarded a “CLUB 3” status .
- Every “CLUB 3” represents R230
You are NOT limited to the number of “CLUB 3’s” on your Level 1.
III. For CONNECTA members with 9 or more active and paid members on their LEVEL 2:
- Levels 1 – 4 @ 5% / Level
- For every multiple of 9 Connecta members, you will be awarded a “CLUB 12” status, provided you have a “CLUB 3” status.
- Every “CLUB 12” represents R680.
IV. For CONNECTA members with 27 or more active and paid members on their LEVEL 3:
- Levels 1 – 4 @ 5% / Level
- For every multiple of 27 Connecta members, you will be awarded a “CLUB 39” status, provided you have a CLUB 12 status.
- Every “CLUB 39” represents R1 680.
V. For CONNECTA members with 81 or more active and paid members on their LEVEL 4:
- Levels 1 – 10 @ 5% / Level
- levels 11-15 @ 1% / Level
- For every multiple of 81 Connecta members, you will be awarded a CLUB 120 status, provided you have a CLUB 39 status.
- Every “CLUB 120” represents R3 180
PART 12: EARNING LEVELS:
Depending on the membership status, a member is eligible to earn on a range of levels:
- “Customer” member: Level 1
- “Affiliate” member: Levels 1 – 4
- “Connecta” member: Levels 1 – 4
- “SUPER Connecta” member with “Club 120” status: Levels 1 – 15
PART 13: PAYMENT OF EARNINGS DATE:
Earnings are paid on the 2nd working day (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) of the next calendar month, following the 15th.
PART 14: ROLL-UP:
In an effort to keep the network compounded with active paying MEMBERS, MEMA will apply the roll-up system from time to time to remove memberships which have lapsed, members cancelled or has been suspended for reasons as per “Code of Conduct”.
In case of above occurrence, the “active” member will then be linked to the “active” sponsor of the lapsed, cancelled or suspended sponsor.
PART 15: SPILL OVER: (cancelled)
PART 16: REINSTATEMENT:
When a member reinstates his membership within 90 days of a cancellation or lapsed period, such member will be reassigned/instated under his/her previous sponsor, else such member may opt to be assigned under a new sponsor.
PART 17: ACCEPTANCE TO ABIDE BY THE CODE OF CONDUCT:
All members, when accepting this agreement, unilaterally and unconditionally agree to the terms and conditions as per the code of conduct, as publicly available on the Mema website.