This Code of Conduct "The Code" provides principles to which all MEMA AFFILIATE MARKETING (PTY) Ltd, hereinafter referred to as "MEMA", Customers, Connectas and or Accredited Business Developers, hereinafter referred to as "members", are expected to adhere and advocate.
It embodies rules regarding individual responsibilities in dealing with members and/or the general public, with MEMA related matters.
The principles can be interpreted by these keys:
- Equal opportunity without regard to race, gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation/gender identity or religion.
- "Give to get" – think of others' interests first.
- Accept responsibility for your behaviour.
As part of MEMA's commitment to ensure all act in accordance with our values when they meet and interact with other people with MEMA related matters, we have developed this Code of Conduct, hereinafter referred to as "The Code".
All community and business networking aspects related to MEMA, including this website, as well as participation as a member, as that term is defined in website ("www.mema.co.za"), are subject to this Code of Conduct, including, without limitation, account names, profile content, comments, chat and forum activity, videos, e-mail or private messages, printed media, as well as conduct during general conversations.
Violation of this or any part of this Code of Conduct is grounds for the suspension or termination of such membership, access to this website and/or use of the services on this website, in whole or in part, at MEMA's sole discretion, and may not be limited to legal proceedings.
Being a member, you agree to the following:
- positively promote MEMA, the products, services and stakeholders of MEMA to existing and future team members;
- immediately and truthfully identify yourself as a member to a prospective customers and the nature of the MEMA products and purpose for the approach;
- explain and demonstrate the product/s offered as accurate and complete, in particular with regard to price and cooling-off periods, and only as per the updated and listed terms and conditions within this website;
- emphasis must be on placing the consumer in a position to make an informed decision by providing all the relevant details on the product and relevant pricing;
- respect the lack of commercial experience of consumers;
- disclose details and limitations of after-sales service, the name and address of the Underwriter/s, Service/Product provider/s, and the remedial action as per 'Disclosure Form" shall be clearly explained;
- marketing and advertisements shall conform to "The Code", the code of Marketing and Advertising Practice as laid down by both the Direct Marketing Association of South Africa (DMA) and Advertising Standards Authority of South Africa (ASA).
Being a member, you agree NOT to engage in any of the following, even if they do not constitute a violation of any law:
- engage in any cash transactions between any member;
- make any verbal promises that are not backed by MEMA and are not printed in official literature issued by MEMA that is representative;
- send or post any advertisements or promotional literature or mailings which contain any description, claims or illustrations, which directly or by implication are misleading about MEMA, the product/s, or the income opportunity;
- refer to any testimonial or endorsement which is not authorized, not true, obsolete or otherwise no longer applicable, not related to their offer or used in any way likely to mislead the consumer;
- replicate, produce, sell or supply without written consent by MEMA Head-office any literature, advertisements and/or testimonial;
- refrain from using comparisons, which are likely to mislead, and which are incompatible with principles of fair competition. Points of comparison shall not be unfairly selected and shall be based on facts, which can be substantiated;
- defame MEMA, employees, directors and or shareholders of MEMA, and/ or any firm or product directly or by implication;
- take unfair advantage of the goodwill attached to the trade name and symbol of other organizations or their products;
- abuse the trust of individual consumers, or exploit a consumer's age, illness, lack of understanding or lack of language knowledge;
- post of personal information (names, address, phone number, email, etc.) of another person;
- impersonate of another individual, or falsely stating or misrepresenting affiliation with a person or entity;
- create "trolling" posts.(Trolling is deliberately posting false or provocative information in order to elicit responses from people who would not respond if they knew the motivation behind the post);
- make postings or statements or encouraging others to make postings or statements that are (i) vulgar, obscene, indecent, abusive, threatening bigoted, and/or hateful, and/or (ii) are racially offensive, harassing, disruptive, inflaming, intimidating, libellous, stalking, defaming, and/ or defrauding of any individual, entity, or group on any basis, including but not limited to age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, religion, disability, and/or economic status;
- post material that advocates illegal activity, or discusses illegal activity with the intent to commit that legal activity;
- engage in acts that constitute "Flaming"; there is a difference between voicing a legitimate concern or grievance versus simply badmouthing or abusing someone or something;
- modify or falsifying the source of any content or information;
- distribute or disseminating inappropriate, unauthorized or unsolicited advertising or promotional material, including, but not limited to, contests, sweepstakes, barter, junk mail, chain letters, and pyramid schemes;
- transmit or facilitating the transmission of any unsolicited bulk or commercial email ("Spam"), directly or indirectly, including or creating links or otherwise refer to external sites that violate this Code Of Conduct;
- post content with excessive frequency, that is duplicative, and/or that is inaccurate, such as designating for yourself a category in which you do not belong;
- attempt to access or search www.mema.co.za with any engine, software, tool, agent, device, or mechanism other than by the software or search agents provided by MEMA or generally available and industry recognized and approved third party web browsers (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari); or "frame," "mirror" or otherwise copy any portion of the website without MEMA's express prior written authorization;
- flood, overload, or mail bomb any mail service or other part of the services of MEMA, or transmitting or transferring any harmful or disruptive viruses, worms, computer code, files, programs, or the equivalent;
- post or make statements or other material which are deemed inappropriate and/or defaming by MEMA in its sole discretion.
MEMA has the right to review any statements or material provided and manufactured by a member.
MEMA has the right to communicate to other MEMA members the reason/s for suspension or termination of a membership.
Community Enforcement: Please notify us at
if you believe this Code of Conduct has been violated.
This Code of Conduct is subject to change at any time in MEMA's sole discretion by the posting of a revised Code of Conduct. It is your responsibility to be aware of any changes.
Updated: July 18, 2017